For over 26 years, CSNN has been Canada’s Leading Holistic Nutrition School. May is Holistic Nutrition Month, where we shine a light on our innovative industry and all those who have made exceptional contributions to the field of holistic nutrition.
- Sometimes, “Thriving” Just Means Surviving – We are all affected by this pandemic, some more than others. There is some pressure to use this time to be productive, learn a new language, get really fit, and more. But what if you’re just too tired? Kristina Virro, R.H.N. provides us with some perspective and a healthier way to cope.
- Purposeful Daydreaming: How Visualization Can Help Calm Your Mind – Here is a little reminder of one of the techniques you can use to help manage stress and anxiety from Leora Barak, R.H.N.
- 7 Nutrition Rules I Break Every Single Day – Holistic Nutrition is not one-size-fits-all. Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., gives us some insight on the nutrition “rules” she chooses to break and why.
- How to Stock a Healthy Pantry – Learn what are some good pantry (and fridge and freezer) staples to keep on hand. Article via Best Health Magazine featuring advice from Lisa Tsakos, R.H.N.
- Eggs: As healthy as they’re cracked up to be? – Julie Daniluk, R.H.N., gives us the low-down on all you need to know about eggs.
Holistic Nutrition Month Contest:
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our Holistic Nutrition Month social media contest on Instagram (@csnnnational). Congratulations to our lucky winners: Rachel Hyunh (@theehealthnut), Christine Novak, R.H.N. (@wealthofnutrition), and Mallori Macdonald (@malsminimallife).
Why did Rachel choose CSNN? “I chose CSNN because even though I had done tons of research on other institutes and schools that were closer to home, CSNN was the most positively reviewed and reputable school for holistic nutrition recognized in Canada! I had been back and forth for YEARS on whether or not to take the plunge and lean into my passion for health and wellness to learn to turn it into a career, and if I was going to do it I wanted to do it with the best! After going to the open house and meeting all the feeling the warm welcome and positive vibes from the staff there I instantly knew CSNN was where I wanted to be and the community I wanted to be a part of. What drew me to the natural nutrition program was the way the courses were laid out and how they seem to connect into each continuing class and course in a cohesive manner. I really enjoy the that not only were the courses laid out in an understandable format for knowledge but also that there would be workshops to know how to integrate the knowledge with hands on learning!! I really appreciated that there were options for learning as well, full time or part time, morning or evening which gives so much room for flexibility and makes it seem so much more possible to do when fitting it in with a busy lifestyle and personal working hours!💕”
Christine’s delicious recipe for Riceless Veggie Nori Rolls:
“With the addition of sprouts instead of rice, these become a wonderfully light, veggie-packed snack or meal! You can customize them to your taste, changing ingredients as you wish – you really can’t go wrong. ⠀
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ↠⠀
▪️Alfalfa sprouts, or any smaller sprout variety that you like⠀
▪️Filling ingredients – thinly cut carrots, cucumbers, avos, roasted sweet potatoes, fried tofu…⠀
HOW TO MAKE ↠⠀
▪️Place nori sheet shiny side down on a cutting board⠀
▪️I like to flick a bit of water on it to soften it as I find it rolls easier but this is optional ⠀
▪️Place your fillings about 1.5 inches from the bottom edge of the sheet⠀
▪️Fold the bottom edge over the ingredients, tuck it under them, and roll, trying to keep the roll as tight as possible. ⠀
“My story with holistic healing starts with my mother. She was dealing with multiple fibroids and when he doctor told her that she should just get a hysterectomy she went on a mission to try and find a way to heal them naturally, without having to undergo such serious surgery. She did a deep dive into books about women’s health and hormones, fibriods, anything that she could get her hands on and she would bring new bits of information to our family dinners. Eventually all this piqued my interest and I started doing my own research, and looking into how I could support my body better with food and some lifestyle changes. Which is what eventually lead me to finding CSNN. I loved the idea of an all-encompassing view of health that went beyond just treating issues as they come up without really looking deeply into the why behind those issues. I learned so much during my studies at CSNN which has helped me take my health to the next level and made me incredibly eager to go out and share that knowledge with friends, family and clients.”
Here’s what Mallori had to say after winning and her thoughts on holistic nutrition and health: “Holistic Nutrition Month🌱🥑After winning the contest from @csnnnational (potential school for me in the near future🔜) it helped me to look back on how I fell in love with holistic health and nutrition. I believe in healing someone from the inside out and that the real focus should be on the “whole” person (mind, body, and soul). I’m not saying that traditional medicine isn’t needed, but I do believe most cures and remedies can be found in nature and natural foods. This all started well before I had issues with my gut health. I have always been interested in all aspects of fitness and health, especially in creating healthy alternatives to my favourite desserts and meals. But it wasn’t until I saw the effects of what natural nutrition and health can do and how the body and mind co-exist in harmony. That picture was taken 2 years ago…yes 2 years and this was me from the moment I woke up, to the moment I went to sleep almost everyday. It doesn’t happen over night, and I still struggle with bloating (but nothing like I used to). I can wait to continue my journey through holistic health, so I can help others to, “Let food be your medicine”.”
- Pantry Recipes – Kelly Aiello, R.H.N. shares some healthy, at-home meals made with foods from your pantry. Hopefully this inspires some creativity and excitement in the kitchen.
- Turkey Thyme Patties – This meal is quick and easy, but also nutritious, satisfying, and flavourful. Try these Turkey Thyme Patties tonight. Recipe from Jessica Mitton, C.H.N.C.
- Overnight Oats: 5 Ways – Oats are a simple, delicious, and versatile meal. Stephanie Kay, R.H.N., shares 5 delicious ways to make quick and easy overnight oats.
CSNN Grads in the Media
We applaud these CSNN Graduates- among many others- who have made exceptional contributions to the Holistic Nutrition industry (click on each image to learn more about each Grad).
Discover More about CSNN Grads
Learn more about the contributions CSNN Grads have made to the Holistic Nutrition industry and beyond.
- CSNN Alumni Profiles: Discover the range of knowledge of select Graduates, and how they are changing lives.
- Books Written by CSNN Graduates: View our growing list of books written by CSNN Graduates on an array of topics and specialties.
- News & Events Bulletin: Visit this page each month for Graduate-submitted articles, blog posts, seasonal recipes, resources, and more, from a holistic nutrition perspective.
- What Can a CSNN Grad do for You?: Learn more about the role of CSNN Graduates, their industry-recognized Professional Designations and Titles (exclusive to CSNN Grads).
- Why Hire a CSNN Grad: Learn how CSNN Grads can add value to your practice and/or help you or your clients achieve optimal health and wellness.
CSNN Graduates work well with other healthcare practitioners and provide value:
Lisa Flanders, Registered Physiotherapist of Bloom Integrative Health and Movement Centre (Ottawa, ON):