- 5 Ways to Avoid (or Combat) High Blood Pressure – High blood pressure, of hypertension, is a well-known risk for heart disease. Sarah Cuff, R.H.N., has some nutritional tips on how to avoid (or combat) high blood pressure.
- But, I Hate Exercise: Easy Ways to Get Motivated and Find Joy in Exercise – You know exercise is good for your heart, but what if you just hate it? Allison Tannis, R.H.N., shares some tips to help you stay motivated.
- Why You Should Rethink Cholesterol – Cholesterol has long been said to be artery-clogging and the cause of heart disease. But what if we have it all wrong? Stephanie Kay, R.H.N., helps us understand cholesterol, its function, how works, and the benefits of including it in your diet.
- Heart Healthy Black & Red Rice – Find out why eating these foods can lead to decreased risk of heart disease and cancer, improvements in memory, and other health benefits. Article from Rebecca L. Thornton, R.H.N.
- 5 Things to do Daily to Keep Your Heart Healthy – ‘Breathe easier by following these good habits’ via the Cleveland Clinic.
- Meditation May Help Against Heart Disease, Says American Heart Association – The AHA says that “people interested in improving their heart health should consider [meditation], as long as they are doing the other things that have been scientifically shown to lower heart disease risk.”
- Cholesterol, Cardiovascular Health & CoQ10 – Fact: Cardiovascular disease is one of the leading causes of mortality in Canada. Kayla Macdonald, R.H.N., explains the function of cholesterol and CoQ10 and the effect on your cardiovascular health.
- Sugar Has No Power – Milka Milicevic, R.H.N., shares why “you should try and reduce your intake of added sugar (especially the white stuff) as much as you can to experience the difference it can make to your health, energy, and well-being.”
- Heart Healthy Foods – The heart is the powerhouse of the cardiovascular system. Michelle Waithe, R.H.N., reveals how to create a whole foods based diet with heart healthy foods that have four characteristics in common.
- 3 Ways a Healthy Gut Impacts Heart Health – “New research has found some cardiac conditions can be linked to our gut microbiome.” Discover how ‘better gut health could be key to preventing cardiovascular events’ via Healthline.
- Uncovering the Connection Between Sleep and Heart Health – Discover more about the possible link between sleep and heart health via Harvard Health Publishing.
- Beet, Fennel + Apple Soup
How gorgeous does this soup look? Besides being vibrant and colourful, beets are high in antioxidants and can help lower blood pressure. Tisha Riman, R.H.N., shares her recipe for Beet, Fennel + Apple Soup.
- Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Gluten and dairy-free)
Spread the love today with these amazing Chocolate Fudge Cookies (gluten and dairy-free) from Leora Barak, R.H.N. Chewy, fudgy, and a yummy dose of heart-healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants.
- 3 Kinds of Exercise that Boost Heart Health – Being physically active is a major step toward good heart health. Learn how to ‘balance your fitness plan to get all the benefits’ via Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- A Holistic Approach to High Blood Pressure – What are the warning signs and causes/risk factors of high blood pressure or hypertension? Maha Nasr, R.H.N., shares a holistic nutrition approach to this “silent killer”.
- Free Yourself From Stress – Did you know that stress can contribute to heart disease? Amy Longard, R.H.N., shares some stress management techniques to help you nip stress in the bud.
- Heart Health all Year Round – “Winding down from the holiday season is an excellent time to treat your cardiovascular system with some extra TLC.” Carol Pillar, R.H.N., offers some tips for a healthy heart year-round.
- Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease among South Asians – The late Lovepreet Dhunna, R.H.N., shared some insight into metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease among South Asians, with recommendations you can start doing today.
- Nutritional Guide to Fats and Oils – When it comes to heart health, which fats and oils are good for us? Download a free ‘Guide to the Best Healthy Fats and Oils & Their Uses’, prepared by Ashleigh Grange, R.H.N.
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN104 Advanced Pathology and Nutrition (Part 1). Learn more
- AN108 Nutrition and Athletic Performance. Learn more