- Eat Your Water With These Hydrating Foods – When it is hot and humid outside, it is important to have constant reminders to stay hydrated. Kathleen Trotter, R.H.N., shares some tips and foods that can help keep us hydrated.
- Healthy Eating, Travel and Summer – Michelle Post, C.H.N.C., tells us how to stay on track with healthy choices while traveling this summer.
- 3 Important Reasons to Shop at Your Local Farmer’s Market – Jenn Rapske, R.H.N., shares the holistic nutritionist’s perspective on why you should check out your local Farmer’s Market this season.
- How to Eat for Energy While Traveling – “No matter where we’re going or how we’re getting there, it is totally worth it to put a little bit of time into planning and preparation before the trip.” Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., shares her tips for having energy while you are busy with your summer travels.
- How Not to Totally Fall Off the Health Wagon on Summer Vacation – While you will want to enjoy and eat what you want (it is vacation, after all), Peggy Kotsopoulos, R.H.N., shares some tips that allow you to do that without blowing your health goals.
- Nutrition From the Ground Up: Organic Gardening For Optimal Nutrition – Summer can be a great time for gardening. Tricia Sedgwick, R.H.N., shares why growing our own food not only tastes better but can be better for us too.
- EWG’s 2019 Guide to Sunscreens – The Environmental Working Group has compiled this great list of guidelines and sun safety tips to keep you protected this summer.
- Creamy Broccoli Salad with Garlic Crunch Topping
Ricki Heller, R.H.N., creates a mouth-watering broccoli salad with a wonderful medley of flavors and textures.
- The Only 5 Salad Dressing Recipes You Will Ever Need
Bonnie Wisener, R.H.N. shares some salad dressing recipes now that ‘salad season’ is definitely underway.
5 Tips to Turn a Salad Into a Meal
Sometimes it is simply too hot to cook and turn the oven on. Courtney Schwegel, R.H.N. and chef, shares how to make your salad exciting and turn it into a scrumptious meal.
Looking for something to read while you lounge at the beach or pool this summer? Check out all the amazing books written by CSNN graduates here.