- Gut Feelings: Harnessing The Gut-Brain Connection To Improve Mood – “How we feel emotionally really resonates in our gut.” CSNN Grad and Neuroscience Expert, Orsha Magyar, C.H.N., shares the key link for transferring emotional intuitions from your brain down to your gut – a physical representation of the mind-body connection.
- Kombucha, Kimchi and Other Fermented Foods – “While studies on the health benefits of fermented foods are currently few, preliminary scientific research says that they can play a role in disease prevention and may even have a positive effect on mental health.” Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares why kombucha and other fermented foods should be a part of your daily diet.
- 5 Simple Tips to Improve Digestion – Bonnie Wisener, R.H.N., tells us why “One of the most fascinating and impactful things I learned during my time studying [at CSNN] was how important the link was between well-functioning digestion and good health.”
- Natural Ways to Beat Bloating – “Not all bodies are created equal; therefore not everyone reacts to foods the same way.” Stephanie Kay, R.H.N., provides a few natural tips to overcome bloating.
- The Lost Art of Chewing – In our fast pace lives many of us find it hard to even sit down to eat, let alone chew! CSNN instructor, Elizabeth Leslie, R.H.N., explains why chewing is so important.
- Digestion: Head of the Dog – Why is digestion the “head of the dog”? What does that even mean? Milka Milicevic, R.H.N., shares why many chronic health issues develop over time as the result of poor digestion, as well as tips to aid digestion.
- 10 Steps to Better Digestion – Stephanie Di Grazia, R.H.N., shares helpful tips on how to improve your digestion.
- GAPS Diet and Support Group – GAPS Certified Practitioner Tracey Reed, C.H.N.C., explains what the GAPS diet is, and how it may help with gut health.
- A Story of Digestive Health – CSNN Grad, Vanessa Case, R.H.N., shares her personal story; how she struggled with digestive issues before taking back control of her health through the power of holistic nutrition.
Click on the play button to start desired podcast(s), as part of CSNN Vancouver’s ‘Nature’s Medicine Series’
Determine whether you need better gut health and learn how to have it! Leave with a simple recipe to make gut-loving sauerkraut at home.
Find out why proper chewing is the foundation of good health and how it improves digestion, energy, stress management, and more. Leave with a strategy to chew more!
CSNN Mississauga’s Virtual Kitchen: Spotlight on SPROUTS
Click on the image below to download this month’s Virtual Kitchen (pdf will open in new tab):
Digestive Health Facebook Live Replay (March 28/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Tracey Reed, led by Becka Crowe (Going Grainless), about a holistic approach to digestive health.
Why You Should be Eating Fermented Foods via The Social CTV
CSNN grad, Kim D’Eon, talks about bacteria and fermented foods and why they are good for us.
- Strawberry Crème Easter Eggs
CSNN grad, Ricki Heller, shares an adult-friendly recipe for Strawberry Creme-filled eggs that house a velvety, intensely fruity and slightly tart filling, with the bonus of a very substantial protein boost.
- Sugar-free Easter Ideas & Chocolate Bark
CSNN grad, Melanie Robinson, shares sugar-free Easter ideas and a chocolate bark recipe that is dairy-free and uses maple syrup instead of any refined white sugar.
- Buddha Bowls: A How-To Guide
“The best thing about Buddha Bowls is that you can cater yours to your liking. There really is no set in stone recipe.” CSNN grad, Amy Longard, shares some delicious and nutritious Buddha Bowl options.
- Cheesy Vegan Quiche
Emma Levez Larocque, R.H.N. and Certified Plant-Based Chef, shares a vegan recipe for quiche featuring local garden treats.
Recommended Resources (click on desired book cover for more info):