- Gut Feelings: Harnessing The Gut-Brain Connection To Improve Mood – “How we feel emotionally really resonates in our gut.” CSNN Grad and Neuroscience Expert, Orsha Magyar, C.H.N., shares the key link for transferring emotional intuitions from your brain down to your gut – a physical representation of the mind-body connection.
- 7 Ways to “Spring Clean” Your Body – Now that spring is here, we spring clean our house, but what about our bodies? Joanna Brown, C.H.N.C., gives us some tips on how to give our bodies extra love and support after winter.
- Intermittent Fasting – Ancient or All the Rage? – What exactly does this entail and can you see any health benefits from this? Jenn Camirand, R.H.N., explains it all her article.
- 10 Tips for Improving Digestion – Digestion imbalances can cause a whole lot of other imbalances in your body. Rejan Magee, R.H.N., shares helpful tips on how to improve your digestion and overall health.
- Kombucha, Kimchi and Other Fermented Foods – “While studies on the health benefits of fermented foods are currently few, preliminary scientific research says that they can play a role in disease prevention and may even have a positive effect on mental health.” Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares why kombucha and other fermented foods should be a part of your daily diet.
- Gardening & Gut Health – Meg de Jong, R.H.N., shares why gut health is so important and how gardening can play a part in improving your health.
- 5 Simple Tips to Improve Digestion – Bonnie Wisener, R.H.N., tells us why “One of the most fascinating and impactful things I learned during my time studying [at CSNN] was how important the link was between well-functioning digestion and good health.”
- Beat the Bloat – Bloating is one of the most common digestive issues, whether is a distended tummy, feeling puffy, or being a little gassy. Erin Lamb, C.H.N.C. has some natural ways to beat bloating.
- The Lost Art of Chewing – In our fast pace lives many of us find it hard to even sit down to eat, let alone chew! CSNN instructor, Elizabeth Leslie, R.H.N., explains why chewing is so important.
- Digestion: Head of the Dog – Why is digestion the “head of the dog”? What does that even mean? Milka Milicevic, R.H.N., shares why many chronic health issues develop over time as the result of poor digestion, as well as tips to aid digestion.
- GAPS Diet and Support Group – GAPS Certified Practitioner Tracey Reed, C.H.N.C., explains what the GAPS diet is, and how it may help with gut health.
- A Story of Digestive Health – CSNN Grad, Vanessa Case, R.H.N., shares her personal story; how she struggled with digestive issues before taking back control of her health through the power of holistic nutrition.
Click on the play button to start desired podcast(s), as part of CSNN Vancouver’s ‘Nature’s Medicine Series’
Determine whether you need better gut health and learn how to have it! Leave with a simple recipe to make gut-loving sauerkraut at home.
Find out why proper chewing is the foundation of good health and how it improves digestion, energy, stress management, and more. Leave with a strategy to chew more!
Digestive Health Facebook Live Replay (March 28/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Tracey Reed, led by Becka Crowe (Going Grainless), about a holistic approach to digestive health.
Why You Should be Eating Fermented Foods via The Social CTV
CSNN grad, Kim D’Eon, talks about bacteria and fermented foods and why they are good for us.
- Gut Healing Khichri
CSNN grad, Erin Lamb, shares an easy-to-digest recipe full of warming spices that help support a healthy gut. It’s delicious as is but feel free to add extras to make it more exotic.
- Golden Beet and Berry Salad
CSNN grad, Jessica Pecush, shares a fresh, cleansing salad where the key ingredients can help you detoxify.
- Gut-Healing Smoothies
CSNN Grad, Jill Schmelke, shares her favourite smoothie recipes with tons of nutritional and gut-healthy benefits.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Laura Brining, R.H.N., shares a vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free recipe for these fluffy blueberry muffins. A perfect start to the day!
Recommended Resources (click on desired book cover for more info):