- How to Choose the Right Cooking Oil – “Depending on whether you plan to bake, broil, grill, fry, deep-fry, or roast, different cooking oils will produce different results.” Petra Scott, R.H.N., shares her recommendations on choosing the right cooking oil.
- How to Eat Well on a Budget – Julia Boser, C.H.N.C., offers some easy recommendations for refurbishing your pantry and fridge contents that won’t ‘break the bank’.
- How to Read Nutrition Labels – “It’s important to know what we are putting into our body!” Monica Mander, R.H.N., shares some tips to help you understand nutrition labels.
- Save Money While Eating Healthy – Want to eat healthy and save some money? Lisa Chilvers, R.H.N., shares 6 easy actions that may save you money at the grocery store.
- Eat Better, Fuel You Life, and Invest in Your Health – “Forget calories, and eat real whole foods!” Sara Binder, R.H.N., tells us how to invest in our health.
- CSNN Mississauga Virtual Kitchen: Visit csnn.ca/mississauga/virtual-kitchen/ each month where the branch will highlight an ingredient, dig deeply into nutrition, provide meal prep tips and tricks, include seasonally-inspired recipes and more… all fully-tested and family approved.
- The Pure Life Website: Visit thepurelife.ca for kitchen tips, recipes and lots of inspiration for living a holistic life from Sisley Killam, R.H.N.
Inside a Holistic Nutrition Kitchen:
- Warm Winter Spinach Salad
CSNN graduate, Jessica Pecush, shares her warm winter spinach salad recipe filled with plenty of dietary fiber, along with some protein and fat.
- Quinoa Salad
Not sure what to make for dinner? Check out this easy quinoa salad recipe from CSNN graduate Viktoria Jones.
Recommended Reading (click on desired book cover for more info):