- Your Guide to Soaking/Activating Nuts, Seeds, and Grains – Bethany Bierema, R.H.N., shows us in her simple and informative guide why it’s important to soak/activate nuts, all the benefits, and just how easy it is.
- Detox Your Way to a Brand New You – “Detoxifying is about minimizing the amount of toxins that enter your body, while supporting your detox organs, so that you can achieve and maintain optimal health.” Article written by Debora Palmieri, R.H.N. to help you understand what detox means.
- To Salt or Not to Salt? – Here are some quick tips and information from Kelli Etheridge, R.H.N., for those who are confused about just how much salt needs to be in their food.
- Spice It Up: The Benefits of Adding Ginger and Turmeric to Your Day – These two powerhouse spices can add a load of health benefits. Emma Levez Larocque, R.H.N., highlights these spices and how to use them, and shares a yummy recipe for Golden Milk.
- Healthy Snacks for Balancing Blood Sugar – Feeling irritable? Or maybe you have difficulty in concentrating? Consistently unregulated blood sugar could be to blame. Katherine Krivanek, R.H.N., gives us some tips and shares her favourite quick and easy snack ideas.
- Oh Mega Benefits! Are you getting enough Omega-3’s in your diet? – You might have heard about the hype of Omega-3’s, but what are they exactly and why do you need it? Delia Mota, R.H.N, dives into the topic to help us understand.
- How to Choose the Right Cooking Oil – “Depending on whether you plan to bake, broil, grill, fry, deep-fry, or roast, different cooking oils will produce different results.” Petra Scott, R.H.N., shares her recommendations on choosing the right cooking oil.
- How to Read Nutrition Labels – “It’s important to know what we are putting into our body!” Monica Mander, R.H.N., shares some tips to help you understand nutrition labels.
- Save Money While Eating Healthy – Want to eat healthy and save some money? Lisa Chilvers, R.H.N., shares 6 easy actions that may save you money at the grocery store.
- Eat Better, Fuel You Life, and Invest in Your Health – “Forget calories, and eat real whole foods!” Sara Binder, R.H.N., tells us how to invest in our health.
Recommended Reading (click on desired book cover for more info):
Inside a Holistic Nutrition Kitchen:
- Charred Avocado, Crispy Baby Broccoli and Asparagus Tacos
CSNN graduate, Bethany Bierema, shares her seasonal taco recipe filled with plenty of delicious and bright spring flavours.
- The Rainbow Bowl
These colourful bowls are the perfect way to eat a variety of veggies. CSNN graduate, Sisley Killam, teaches you how to build your own.
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
CSNN graduate, Samantha deSousa, puts a healthy spin on one of our favourite restaurant meals.
- Purple Cauliflower Tabouleh
CSNN graduate, Christina Anania, shares her take on tabouleh. This beautiful side will be sure to impress!
- Quick & Easy Bulgogi Bowls
Simple, filling, and oh so tasty, these Bulgogi Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner. Recipe from CSNN grad, Melanie Robinson.
- Warm Winter Spinach Salad
CSNN graduate, Jessica Pecush, shares her warm winter spinach salad recipe filled with plenty of dietary fiber, along with some protein and fat.
- Quinoa Salad
Not sure what to make for dinner? Check out this easy quinoa salad recipe from CSNN graduate Viktoria Jones.
Sharpen your culinary skills and cook your way to better health with CSNN’s Holistic Culinary Certificate workshops. You’ll learn a variety of methods and techniques to prepare food and enhance the restorative properties of food. Workshops are offered at select branches. Please click here to see which branches are offering them this spring.