- January is Mental Wellness Month – Kelly Aiello, R.H.N., talks about mental wellness and 7 tips to help maintain positive mental wellness.
- 10 Ways to Start Practicing Mindfulness – We hear a lot about the benefits of being mindful. Richelle Ludwig, R.H.N., has 10 concrete examples on how you can start practicing mindfulness.
- Nutrition and Mental Health – CSNN graduate and psychotherapist, Kristina Virro, R.H.N., explains the role of diet in mental health.
- A Balancing Act: Avoiding Blood Sugar Highs & Woes – Need help balancing your fluctuating moods and the highs and lows of the emotional, psychological, and physiological rollercoaster? Amy Longard, R.H.N., shares some tips on how to make smarter food choices to improve your health, mood, and energy levels.
- 5 Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression – “During the winter months, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or ‘the winter blues’ is a very real thing that impacts many people.” Joanna Brown, C.H.N.C., shares Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression.
- Four Sneaky Reasons Your Anxiety is Spiking – Heather Lillico, R.H.N., shares four reasons why you might be feeling anxious.
- 3 Key Steps to Balancing Your Mood – Did you know that your gut and your mood mirror each other? Lisa Kilgour, R.H.N., talks about this connection and some ways we can get to feeling better.
- 3 Ways Tech is Messing with your Mind – Orsha Maygar, MSc, BSc, C.H.N., explains how technology is messing with our brains, and what we can do about it.
- The Darkside of Sleep Debt – Sleep has a huge impact on our mental health. Jennifer Fraser, R.H.N., explains how much sleep we need to restore the brain and maintain the health of the body, including tips for improving sleep quality.
- Is Stress Making You Anxious or Depressed – Salena Dhoot, C.H.N., explains how to manage cortisol to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Probiotics for Moods and Stress? Yes! – Tina Cufaro, R.H.N., discusses the research into how and if probiotics can help with mood and stress.
- Top 10 Supplements for Preventing & Reversing Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and More – “Aside from a healthy diet and lifestyle, there are key supplements that virtually anyone can use to help enhance brain function and stave off the neurological problems of aging.”
- How You React to Stress may Predict Brain Health – Find out how small, daily stressors may affect the aging brain via Medical News Today.
- On Diet & Mental Health – Which issues in your body can lead to mental health concerns? Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., shares examples, and reveals how changing her diet helped get her on the right mental health track (“I used food to literally change my life”)
- Nutritional psychiatry: Your brain on food – “There are many consequences and correlations between not only what you eat, how you feel, and how you ultimately behave, but also the kinds of bacteria that live in your gut.” Learn more about Nutritional Psychiatry via Harvard Health Publishing.
Mental Wellness Facebook Live Replay (Feb. 12/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Andrea Donsky, led by BOLO Inc. Founder, Caleigh Rykiss, about a holistic approach to mental wellness.
Warming Recipes for the Winter:
- 20 Minute Hearty Tomato Chicken Soup
Andrea Brown, R.H.N., shares a satisfying and balanced soup that can be whipped up in 20 minutes. What a perfect cozy meal for winter!
- Immune-Boosting Noodle Salad
Natasha Asselstine, R.H.N., shares a recipe rich in immune-building nutrients.
- Golden Ginger Turmeric Hummus
Orsha Magyar, M.Sc., C.H.N., shares this yummy dip packed with anti-oxidant rich and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Stress-Less Smoothie
Lisa Chilvers, R.H.N., brings us this smoothie that can help you feel calmer, full of beneficial ingredients to soothe tension.
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN102 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 1) – Mood Disorders
- AN103 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 2) – Alzheimer’s Disease