- Nutrition and Mental Health – CSNN graduate and psychotherapist, Kristina Virro, R.H.N., explains the role of diet in mental health.
- 5 Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression – “During the winter months, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or ‘the winter blues’ is a very real thing that impacts many people.” Joanna Brown, C.H.N.C., shares Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression.
- Four Sneaky Reasons Your Anxiety is Spiking – Heather Lillico, R.H.N., shares four reasons why you might be feeling anxious.
- 3 Ways Tech is Messing with your Mind – Orsha Maygar, MSc, BSc, C.H.N., explains how technology is messing with our brains, and what we can do about it.
- The Darkside of Sleep Debt – Sleep has a huge impact on our mental health. Jennifer Fraser, R.H.N., explains how much sleep we need to restore the brain and maintain the health of the body, including tips for improving sleep quality.
- Is Stress Making You Anxious or Depressed – Salena Dhoot, C.H.N., explains how to manage cortisol to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Probiotics for Moods and Stress? Yes! – Tina Cufaro, R.H.N., discusses the research into how and if probiotics can help with mood and stress.
- Top 10 Supplements for Preventing & Reversing Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and More – “Aside from a healthy diet and lifestyle, there are key supplements that virtually anyone can use to help enhance brain function and stave off the neurological problems of aging.”
- How You React to Stress may Predict Brain Health – Find out how small, daily stressors may affect the aging brain via Medical News Today.
- On Diet & Mental Health – Which issues in your body can lead to mental health concerns? Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., shares examples, and reveals how changing her diet helped get her on the right mental health track (“I used food to literally change my life”)
- Happy Eating! Foods that support good mental health – The foods you eat can have a major effect on your mental wellbeing? Jessica Mitton, R.H.N. shares foods that support good mental health.
- Happiness Within Us – Milka Milicevic, R.H.N., shares some of her experiences with and observations about happiness.
- Nutrition and the Brain – What is the connection? Jeannine Robertson, C.H.N.C., shares info on how Mood, Memory, Sleep, and Attention can be affected by the nutrients you consume (and absorb).
- Nutritional psychiatry: Your brain on food – “There are many consequences and correlations between not only what you eat, how you feel, and how you ultimately behave, but also the kinds of bacteria that live in your gut.” Learn more about Nutritional Psychiatry via Harvard Health Publishing.
Mental Wellness Facebook Live Replay (Feb. 12/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Andrea Donsky, led by BOLO Inc. Founder, Caleigh Rykiss, about a holistic approach to mental wellness.
Warming Recipes for the Winter:
- Sweet Potato, Carrot & Kale Stew
Jennifer Weare, R.H.N., shares a super simple recipe that is full of wonderful veggies. Plus it will keep you feeling nice and warm during the cold winter months.
- Immune-Boosting Noodle Salad
Natasha Asselstine, R.H.N., shares a recipe rich in immune-building nutrients.
- Kale Potato Soup
Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares a nice warming soup for a cold winter day.
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN102 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 1) – Mood Disorders
- AN103 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 2) – Alzheimer’s Disease