- On Diet & Mental Health – Which issues in your body can lead to mental health concerns? Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., shares examples, and reveals how changing her diet helped get her on the right mental health track (“I used food to literally change my life”).
- Happy Eating! Foods that support good mental health – The foods you eat can have a major effect on your mental wellbeing? Jessica Mitton, R.H.N. shares foods that support good mental health.
- Happiness Within Us – Milka Milicevic, R.H.N., shares some of her experiences with and observations about happiness.
- Take Responsibility for Your Health, Happiness and Life Using Holistic Nutrition – Eleanor Healy, R.H.N., shares how learning about holistic nutrition allowed her to take her power back.
- Eating to Escape the Winter Blues – Heather Lillico, R.H.N., shares which nutrients to focus on to help escape the winter blues.
- Nutrition and the Brain – What is the connection? Jeannine Robertson, C.H.N.C., shares info on how Mood, Memory, Sleep, and Attention can be affected by the nutrients you consume (and absorb).
- Nutritional psychiatry: Your brain on food – “There are many consequences and correlations between not only what you eat, how you feel, and how you ultimately behave, but also the kinds of bacteria that live in your gut.” Learn more about Nutritional Psychiatry via Harvard Health Publishing.
- How to Improve Mental Wellness through Natural Means – Lovepreet Dhunna, R.H.N., shares why diet, hydration, and exercise are integral lifestyle factors that work synergistically to address imbalances related to the brain, and lead to an improved mood and energy levels.
- 5 Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression – “During the winter months, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or ‘the winter blues’ is a very real thing that impacts many people.” Joanna Brown, C.H.N.C., shares Strategies to Help Fight Seasonal Depression.
Mental Wellness Facebook Live Replay (Feb. 12/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Andrea Donsky, led by BOLO Inc. Founder, Caleigh Rykiss, about a holistic approach to mental wellness.
Warming Recipes for the Winter:
- Make Soup Your New Smoothie – Louise Innes, C.H.N.C., shares recipes for Asian Inspired Miso Soup and Italian Style Bison Pasta Soup.
- Immune-Boosting Noodle Salad – Natasha Asselstine, R.H.N., shares a recipe rich in immune-building nutrients.
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN102 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 1) – Mood Disorders
- AN103 Nutrition and Mental Health (Part 2) – Alzheimer’s Disease