- Gut Feelings: Harnessing The Gut-Brain Connection To Improve Mood – Orsha Magyar, C.H.N, explains the key link for transferring our emotional intuitions from your brain down to your gut – a physical representation of the mind-body connection.
- Think Before You Open Your Mouth – Before opening your next conversation with a body-centric comment, Claire Le Gresley, R.H.N., explains why you may wish to pause and think about how your message might be received.
- How to Prevent Negative Thoughts From Harming Your Health – Dr. Will Cole offers some insight on the power of thought and its impact on health.
- Mind-Body-Spirit: What Does It Really Mean? – Rachel Murray, R.H.N., shares why we need to consider Mind, Body, and Spirit with equal importance when addressing health concerns, in order to truly obtain our greatest state of health and happiness.
- Simple Living Tips for the Stressed Out or Recovering Perfectionist – Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui, C.H.N., offers some tips for living life with reduced stress and more purposeful action.
- Balancing Body, Mind, and Spirit with Yoga – Ian Dalwood, C.H.N., explains the amazing art of yoga, and why it is worth exploring the many layers.
- How Yoga put the “Whole” in my “Holistic” Practice – Yoga cultivates mindfulness by forcing us to be present in the moment; a skill that translates off the mat to mindful eating. Heather Lillico, R.H.N., shares how she has incorporated yoga into her holistic nutrition practice.
- Just Breathe – Breathe, Pause, Exhale. Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui, C.H.N., explains why the breath is one of our body’s strongest self-healing mechanisms.
- Let’s Talk about Manifesting – Bailey Strack, R.H.N., tells us how to help reprogram our brain for emotional health. She shares that “there is always a way to make things work in your favour and for the quality of your health.”
- The Digestion + Confidence Connection – Susanne Meuller, R.H.N., explains how you can bring your solar plexus into balance to help support digestive health.
- 5 Powerful Strategies for a Joyful Midlife and Beyond – “Growing older is a gift. Growing older joyfully is a choice.” Krista O’Reilly-Davi-Digui , C.H.N., shares five Joyful Strategies for Midlife and Beyond.
- How Your Thoughts Change Your Brain, Cells and Genes – “Studies have shown that thoughts alone can improve vision, fitness, and strength.” Read more via Huffington Post.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Changing Negative Thoughts – “A pessimistic, dismal outlook can take a toll on your life in more ways than you might think.” Learn how to help combat negative thinking via Psychology Today.
Body-Mind-Spirit Facebook Live Replay (Sept. 5/18)
An interactive discussion about the body-mind-spirit connection with CSNN Grad & Instructor, Audrey McDonough, and Emily Thring (of The Quiet Co.), led by CSNN Grad & Vista Magazine Editor-in-Chief, Kim D’Eon.
- Spicy Ginger Turkey Burger
Michelle Gaetz, R.H.N., shares a zingy and tasty burger perfect for the upcoming barbeque season.
- Summer Quinoa Salad
Sisley Killam, R.H.N., shares a fresh summer-inspired salad that is packed with protein, fibre, and a good dose of phytonutrients.
- Superfood Kale Salad
Amy Longard, R.H.N., shares a recipe filled with nutritious properties like antioxidants, phytochemicals, fibre, probiotics, fatty acids, plant protein, and much much more.
- Watermelon Popscicles
Viktoria Jones, R.H.N., shares the perfect treat for those hot summer days!
CSNN graduate, Sarah Kraftchuk, has some great body-mind-spirit resources for kids:
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN119 Mindfulness and the Neuropsychoendocrinology of Regulating Eating. Learn more