- Raising Healthy Children Today Means Teaching Them a New Skill – Amber Stamm’ler, R.H.N., talks about the new skill all kids must learn today that will serve them well in life – healthy eating!
- Help for Kids with Food Allergies – In today’s world, food allergies have become an epidemic. Meredith Deasley, R.H.N., shares tips to help prevent and manage your child’s food allergies.
- Skin Health for Kids – Paulette Millis, R.H.N., enlightens us and shares some ideas to ensure healthy skin for your kids.
- 10 Ways to Bond or Connect with Your Unborn Baby – Denise Chiriboga, R.H.N., shares a list of ways that you and your partner can bond with your unborn baby to make baby feel safe, and let baby know that they are loved and cared for.
- How To Encourage Kids To Expand Their Culinary Palates – Shannon McLean, R.H.N., tells us how to take the “icky” out of “picky” with these great ideas.
- A Healthy Diet After Pregnancy – A healthy diet after pregnancy supplies you with the energy needed to care for your newborn and recover quickly. Kelly Maslen, R.H.N., shares tips to help new moms eat healthy after the baby comes home.
- Back to School Transition Tips – These tips from Jess Sherman, R.H.N., will help you feel confident about setting your child up for success this year as we transition from summer to school.
- 5 Tips On Boosting Breastmilk Supply – For those that choose to breastfeed their baby, low milk production can create stress, frustration and sadness in women who aren’t able to produce as much as needed for their growing baby. Melissa Sorge, C.H.N.C., shares tips to help increase your milk supply.
- Baby and Toddler Feeding Milestones – How We Learn to Eat – Ana-Maria Janes, R.H.N., explains the main physical and oral motor milestones kids will go through when learning how to eat.
- Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness to Your Family’s Daily Routine – Help your family make the transition back to school by adding some mindfulness to your day, via Green Child Magazine.
Resource Websites & Apps:
- EcoParent Magazine – EcoParent is a quarterly magazine for families that want to make healthier, greener lifestyle choices. Fun and inspirational in tone – and never judgmental – EcoParent appeals to the already eco-savvy, but remains accessible to the newly eco-curious. Food, fashion, books, travel, health & beauty, home & garden, and so much more!
- Green Child Magazine – Hailed as “good for a green mama’s soul,” Green Child has grown into a resource valued by parents who care about bringing simplicity, compassion, social responsibility, and instinctual intelligence back to parenting.
- Fruity Guacamole Dip
CSNN graduate Viktoria Jones shares a mouth-watering recipe using peaches in a guacamole. Give it a try!
- Chocolate Cherry Nice-Cream
CSNN graduate Amy Longard shares her recipe for Cherry Chocolate ‘Nice’ Cream, a quick DIY dairy-free banana-based ice-cream.
- “The Resourceful Mother’s Secrets to Healthy Kids” – Meredith Deasley, R.H.N.
- “No More Junk Food!: 80+ Delicious Recipes to Replace Popular Processed Foods” – Wendy McCallum, R.H.N.
- “Nutrition Guide For New Moms” – Lisa Millar, R.H.N.
- “ADHD is Not a Four Letter Word: Drug Free Strategies for Managing the Gift that is ADHD” – Karen Ryan, R.H.N.
- “Raising Resilience: 36 Ways To Help Your Kids Relax, Learn and Grow” – Jessica Sherman, R.H.N. (Watch Jess Sherman’s TV interview on Daytime Ottawa where she discusses her book)
- “100 Healthiest Foods To Eat During Pregnancy” – Allison Tannis, R.H.N.
- “A Natural Foods Approach to Children’s Nutrition” – Shara Vickers, R.H.N.
- “Overweight Kids in a Toothpick World: How to solve the childhood obesity puzzle and get your kids in balance” – Brenda Wollenberg, R.H.N.
- “Did You Eat Your Vitamins Today” – Ena Sabih, R.H.N.
- “The Yummy Adventures of Celia and Cedric” series – Laara Exsnar, B.Ed., R.H.N. and Erin Kurt, B.Ed.
- “Love to be Me”, “I Am Magical Me”, and “The Hue in You” – Sarah Kraftchuk, R.H.N.
- “Everyday Superhero” and “Headstrong” – Stefania Moffatt, R.H.N.
Natural Nutrition Program :
The Lifecycle Nutrition Pediatric course presents information on how to help conceive and raise a healthy child in today’s world – a world in which our children’s health is declining at an alarming rate. It provides alternative health care recommendations (such as dietary, nutritional supplementation, and lifestyle changes) for the period from pre-conception to childhood. Learn more about CSNN’s Pediatric course at csnn.ca/program/courses.