Designed to enhance the core course work and support student learning, our program features 31 corequisite classes that are taken simultaneously with the regular curriculum. A match made in heaven!
Each class is 3-hours long and focuses on a specific subject or skill. While each class stands alone, we want to highlight our Holistic Culinary Certificate, which is awarded to students who complete all 10 of our whole and natural food preparation classes.
CSNN Vancouver Corequisite* Descriptions
Corequisite classes are 31 distinct 3-hour sessions that enrich and enhance the curriculum and affords students the opportunity to develop skills essential to their success in the field of nutrition.
- Study Skills ~ Meet your new classmates and determine your learning style to study smart.
- Supplements ~ Understand why and when to make supplement recommendations and learn to determine quality and efficacy.
- Ayurveda I & II ~ Learn the basics of Ayurveda in these two 3 hour corequisites. Leave with a clear understanding of the three Doshas. Learn the disease process (stages and symptoms), the science of the six tastes, and be able to identify Dosha balancing foods.
- Disordered Eating ~ Learn to identify disordered eating and eating disorder patterns. Gain confidence and practical tools to apply to working with people facing these challenges.
- Weight Loss, Detoxification & Cleansing ~ Learn how to better support your clients who are looking to lose weight with a holistic approach. Develop a better understanding of which body systems to address, and how detoxification can play a role.
- Therapeutic Diets ~ Take a look at the therapeutic diets of today. Learn who might benefit from each diet and protocol specifics.
- Body-Mind-Spirit Integration ~ Learn to incorporate the Body-Mind-Spirit component into nutrition consultations, written case studies, and your life.
- Autoimmunity ~ Approximately 1 in 5 individuals have an autoimmune condition and the prevalence seems to be on the rise. Take an in-depth look at autoimmunity and protocols for your toolkit.
- Urban Garden Field Trip ~ Explore how our food grows and how to create a connection with our food system even when living in a busy urban setting.
- Lowering Toxic Load ~ In the world today we are bombarded with toxins in every aspect of our lives. Learn how to reduce toxic load in your home and personal care products as well as reducing waste in general.
- Fats ~ Build on your knowledge of fats and take part in a field trip that will give you more practical instruction.
- Business Marketing ~After completing the Business course, take a closer look at marketing in its many forms.
- Final Exam Preparation ~ Includes a timed 60-minute mock case study. Review the best ways to prepare for the final written exam.
- Case Study Corequisites ~ A total of 7 sessions (21 hours) dedicated to learning and understanding the case study process. From initial assessments of clients to understanding dietary links and connections to recommendations and follow up.
- Holistic Culinary Corequisites ~ A total of 10 sessions (30 hours) dedicated to hands-on holistic food preparation that teaches basic cooking skills, techniques, and food therapeutics. Attend all sessions and receive a Holistic Culinary Certificate. Click here for session details.