- The Link Between Organic Food and Our Health – “While it’s positive and empowering to have organic food become a mainstream item, it’s important to have a firm understanding of its benefits and impact on our health and the health of our planet.” Mara Panacci, R.H.N., shares how organic food can boost your health.
- Your Health and Seasonal Eating – Do you eat with the seasons? Sisley Killam, R.H.N., shares how to go about eating seasonally and some of the ways it can benefit you.
- Nutrition from the Ground Up: Organic gardening for optimal nutrition – Have you ever considered growing your own food? Urban Farmer, Tricia Sedgwick, R.H.N., shares 5 Simple ways you can use organic gardening to boost your nutrition.
- Eating Organic on a Budget – It’s a common complaint that organic food is too expensive, but there are tons of benefits to eating organic. Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares the benefits and also some tips.
- Pure and Simple: Why Whole Foods Before Supplements – CSNN graduates take a food first approach when working with clients. Jessica Mitton, C.H.N.C., explains it all and the many benefits of whole foods.
- Eating Organic – ‘Organic’ has become a very loose and overused term in our society. Rachel Murray, R.H.N., explains what ‘organic’ really means, and why it matters.
- Dirty Dozen: EWG’s 2018 Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce™ – Reduce your exposure to toxic pesticide residues with the Environmental Working Group’s ‘Dirty Dozen™’ and ‘Clean Fifteen™’ lists.
- Organic is Good for the Planet but Needs More Support, Say Authors of UBC Study – “Organic growers and researchers have been sustainably innovating on a shoestring budget for decades. Imagine what could be achieved with more.” via USC Canada.
Resource Websites & Apps:
- CSNN is Proud to be an annual sponsor of Organic Week, which runs in September each year (this year, September 9-15, 2019). Canada’s National Organic Week is the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across the country. Hundreds of individual events showcase the benefits of organic agriculture and its positive impact on the environment. Learn more at organicweek.ca.
Vegan Apple Pie Smoothie
Kathy Chrzaszcz, R.H.N., shares an innovative way to use your apples that is perfect for September. Give this autumn-worthy smoothie a try!
Fall Spiced Apple Chutney
Andrea Brown, R.H.N., has a delicious way to use up those apples this fall. This versatile chutney can be eaten many ways!
Natural Nutrition Program :
Eco-Nutrition explores the facts about metal and other elements in food, air and water and their effect on our health. Students gain insight into both the major causes of pollution and the existing threats to both the Earth’s and human immune systems. Students learn to make food choices that are wholesome and safe for everyone. Learn more about our Eco-Nutrition course at csnn.ca/program/courses.