- Health Care vs. Disease Care – Raquel Barr, R.H.N., talks about her experience and the difference between health care and disease care in her blog post.
- CSNN Graduates as Holistic Nutrition Practitioners Take a Proactive Approach to Health – The latest research confirms that the majority of chronic health conditions can improve when nutrition and lifestyle are well managed. Jess Sherman, R.H.N., explains the role and the perspective of Holistic Nutrition Practitioners when it comes to proactive health care.
- Kombucha, Kimchi and Other Fermented Foods – Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares the benefits of fermented foods, and why preliminary scientific research says that they may play a role in disease prevention and may even have a positive effect on mental health.
- So Is It Wrong To Want To Lose Weight? – Weight loss is a complicated subject these days. Jackie Reimche, R.H.N., simply explains her answer to this question fraught with complexities.
- Heart Healthy Foods – Michelle Waithe, R.H.N., explains why “incorporating a few delicious heart healthy foods and making some simple lifestyle changes can help you have a healthy, strong heart for life.”
- What’s the Healthiest Fall Food? – Move over, pumpkin! Allison Tannis, R.H.N., shares the inside scoop on what new research is saying is the best food to harvest this fall.
- What People Think We Do vs. What We Actually Do – There are some misconceptions about holistic nutrition and the professionals working in the field. Raina Dawn Lutz, R.H.N., sheds some light on the matter.
- What a Holistic Nutrition Professional Eats in a Day – Looking for some inspiration for healthy eating? Check out what Sisley Killam, R.H.N., eats in a day.
- Disease Prevention via Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health – According to stats from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), many “chronic diseases are preventable, as they’re linked to poor diet and lifestyle choices.”
- Simple & Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
CSNN Grad, Joanna Brown, shares her healthy version of the ever-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte. The real and wholesome ingredients used help support your immune system and wallet.
- The Great Canadian Hemp Cookie
CSNN Grad, Julie Daniluk, shares her recipe for these cookies that are chock full of awesome nutrients and benefits.
- Autumn Pumpkin Loaf
CSNN Grad and Canadian Olympic Figure Skating Champion Meagan Duhamel, R.H.N., shares her yummy and seasonal loaf recipe.
- Turmeric Chai Latte
CSNN Grad, Melanie Robinson, shares a water-based turmeric chai latte recipe that rivals traditional milk- or nut-based turmeric lattes.
- “Everyday Eats: Uncomplicated Recipes for Time-Starved Healthy Eaters” – Selina Rose Biscaro, R.H.N.
- “ABCs of Food: Boost Your Energy, Confidence and Success with the Power of Nutrition” – Patricia Conlin, R.H.N.
- “Hot Detox: A 21-Day Anti-Inflammatory Program to Heal Your Gut and Cleanse Your Body” – Julie Daniluk, R.H.N.
- “Meals That Heal Inflammation: Embrace Healthy Living and Eliminate Pain, One Meal at a Time” – Julie Daniluk, R.H.N.
- “The New Enlightened Eating – simple recipes for extraordinary living” – Caroline Marie Dupont, M.Sc., R.H.N.
- “No More Junk Food!: 80+ Delicious Recipes to Replace Popular Processed Foods” – Wendy McCallum, R.H.N.
- “Cook Your Way to Health. Gluten-free and Dairy-free” – Paulette Ann Millis, R.H.N
- “Eat, Think & Live Rich: A Guide to Health and Happiness” -Tova Payne, BSc, R.H.N.
- “Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles” – Allison Tannis, Bsc, MSc, R.H.N.