Vancouver: Introductory Program
If you are interested in expanding your knowledge of nutrition, but are not yet able to commit to the Natural Nutrition Diploma Program, then the Introductory Program is for you!
We are now offering the first two courses of the Natural Nutrition Diploma Program as a stand-alone program. Learn the foundations of nutrition that will help you and your loved ones lead healthier lives.
Fundamentals of Nutrition I
The Fundamentals of Nutrition I course offers a comprehensive overview of the field of nutrition, which leads to a study and understanding of the link between nutrition and preventive medicine. The course explains the role of macronutrients, vitamins and minerals, and the importance of water in the diet. It describes how certain dietary habits undermine our health and provides suggestions for overcoming these habits. In addition, it analyzes the effects of pollution on our health and the health of the planet. (24.5 hours)
Fundamentals of Nutrition II
Through a diet of high nutritional quality, we can support life at every stage. Fundamentals of Nutrition II explains the ten key components of a healthy diet and discusses the changing nutritional needs of various age groups during growth and development. Students learn the health benefits of and basic guidelines for fasting and detoxification. (17.5 hours)
Start dates in Spring 2020!
- Monday/Wednesday Day (Twice a week)
- Tuesday Evening (Once per week)
Students who achieve 80% or higher overall in the Introductory Program will receive a certificate of completion. Grades earned in Fundamentals of Nutrition I and Fundamentals of Nutrition II will transfer to the Natural Nutrition Diploma Program should students wish to carry on in their studies.
Ready to apply?
Read our Student Handbook to familiarize yourself with our school’s policies, procedures, and important program information. This is your go-to resource for all the specifics from grading to attendance to our school’s code of ethics. It’s important that you’ve read and understood the policies in the Student Handbook before signing the Student Contract.
To include in your registration package: — please print, read, and complete the following documents:
- Student Contract (aka registration form) for the Introductory Program. Here is where you will find tuition information and details on our refund policy.
- Contact Information Form
- Social Insurance Number Form. We are required to collect your SIN for issuing tuition tax receipts at the end of the year.
- Non-Refundable Fee of $102.90 as per the Student Contract (includes $50 administration fee and $48 textbook fee + GST) payable by cheque (payable to ‘Canadian School of Natural Nutrition’), cash, Visa, MasterCard, or debit if you come to the school in person. Credit card payments can be made over the phone.
Please provide all registration items together as one complete registration package to the Vancouver Branch either by mail, email or in person. We cannot process a partial receipt of documents, so be sure that everything is included so that we can reserve your place.
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will receive a welcome package, which includes: an acceptance letter, copy of your student contract signed by the Vancouver branch, and information on the first course in the program.
Registration packages are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you have any questions about the Introductory Program or registration process, please visit the Vancouver branch in person or phone 604-730-5611 or email email@example.com.
* This institution holds a designation certificate from the Private Training Institutions Branch. The Introduction to Natural Nutrition program does not require approval under the Private Training Act. Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Trustee in respect of this program of instruction.