Adding detox-friendly foods to your meals can support your body’s natural cleansing system. This simple recipe features nutrition-packed ingredients. Bonus: make this ahead of time, so it’s easy to reach for, even on busy days!
Loaded with sulphur and vitamin C, cabbage can remove free radicals while carrots protect against leaky gut. Adding avocado provides satiation and protects the liver, and parsley, loaded with chlorophyll and antioxidants, offers a high flavonoid content that help fight cancer. Finally, adding a small handful of raisins provides a touch of sweetness while boosting fiber, antioxidants, and iron.
But the true star of this recipe is the delicious dressing! Ginger, raw honey, and lemon combine to reduce inflammation, protect the brain, and prevent kidney stones.
Prep time: 10 minutes
LEMON GINGER DRESSING
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (green, purple, or both)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, and parsley and top with the sliced avocado and raisins.
- Drizzle 3 to 4 tablespoons (or to taste) of the dressing and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.