Salads have so much to offer. They are easy to prepare and, when paired with the right dressing, provide a variety of textures and flavours that are sure to please any palate. With summer in full swing, this hearty and nutritious Superfood Salad is at the top of go-to self-care meals.
This vibrant salad is made with the most delicious collection of simple ingredients and will satiate your body and your soul. So feed yourself a bowl full of nourishment!
Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s easy to make it a regular part of your summer meals.
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2.5 cups kale, thinly sliced and massaged
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1.5 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- Combine all dressing ingredients (except salt and pepper) in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Shake again to combine.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl, then pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well coated.