- 5 Lifestyle Habits That Could Be Messing Up Your Hormones – Ali MacBoudreau, R.H.N., shares lifestyle habits that may be contributing to estrogen dominance, along with tips to help balance your hormones.
- Women’s Health – Hormone Balancing – Rachel Murray, R.H.N., shares some natural supplements that have been shown to have great results with hormone balancing.
- Common Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance – Not sure if you have a hormonal imbalance? Marie Tower, C.H.N.C., outlines some common symptoms you may not have known about.
- The Upside of Estrogen – As women we hear a lot about estrogen, but “many of us have a limited understanding of estrogen.” Cathy Biase, R.H.N., takes a look at some key beneficial roles that estrogen plays.
- Eat Less Confused – Breast Cancer Diet – “Holistically, it’s clear there is no one breast-cancer diet that is best for everyone.” Allison Tannis, R.H.N., shares which foods may be ‘worth sticking your fork into’.
- 11 Ways to Eat Less Sugar – Enjoy your treats in moderation and then read this article by CSNN grad Stephanie Kay about how to eat less sugar.
- Menopause Symptoms and Treatments – “Once women reach the menopause years, typically around the age of 50, a variety of physiological changes and menopause symptoms can occur and may have a profound impact on their lives.” Andrew Weil, M.D., shares his tips for managing menopause.
- Principal component analysis identifies differential gender-specific dietary patterns that may be linked to mental distress in human adults – The results of this study may explain the several reports in the literature that women are at a greater risk for mental distress when compared to men, and emphasize the role of a nutrient-dense diet in mental wellbeing.
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
If you’re trying to stay away from candy, but still hoping to satisfy your sweet tooth, Amy Longard, R.H.N., has got you covered with her oat and hemp pumpkin spice muffins.
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Looking for a great seasonal smoothie recipe? Kim D’Eon, R.H.N., shares a recipe that is packed with fibre, beta-carotene and healthy fats (and can be served cold or hot!)
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
- AN111 Understanding Breast Cancer
- AN119 Mindfulness and the Neuropsychoendocrinology of Regulating Eating
Resource Websites & Apps:
- Environmental Working Group ‘Skin Deep’ Cosmetics Database – Giving you practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposures to chemicals.