- Heart Healthy Foods – The heart is the powerhouse of the cardiovascular system. Michelle Waithe, R.H.N., reveals how to create a whole foods based diet with heart healthy foods that have four characteristics in common.
- A Holistic Approach to High Blood Pressure – What are the warning signs and causes/risk factors of high blood pressure or hypertension? Maha Nasr, R.H.N., shares a holistic nutrition approach to this “silent killer”.
- Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease among South Asians – Lovepreet Dhunna, R.H.N., shares some insight into metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease among South Asians, with recommendations you can start doing today.
- Free Yourself From Stress – Did you know that stress can contribute to heart disease? Amy Longard, R.H.N., shares some stress management techniques to help you nip stress in the bud.
- The Sweet Danger of Sugar – Too much added sugar can be one of the greatest threats to cardiovascular disease. Discover how to help curb your sweet habit via Harvard Health Publishing.
- Nutritional Guide to Fats and Oils – When it comes to heart health, which fats and oils are good for us? Download a free ‘Guide to the Best Healthy Fats and Oils & Their Uses’, prepared by Ashleigh Grange, R.H.N.
Mental Wellness Facebook Live Replay (Feb. 12/18)
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Andrea Donsky, led by BOLO Inc. Founder, Caleigh Rykiss, about a holistic approach to mental wellness.
- How to Make Healthy Chocolate Fudge
Viktoria Jones, R.H.N., shares her recipe for this treat made with all natural ingredients.
- Miso Ramen with Bone Broth
Bone broth itself is medicinal but combined with fermented miso, you have a gut healing powerful combination. Stacey Deering, C.H.N.C., shares a quick and easy recipe.
Continuing Education Workshops for Health Care Practitioners:
January: Mental Wellness
March: Digestive Health
April: Environmental Awareness
Graduates interested in submitting item(s) to be featured on this page, please contact community[at]csnn[dot]ca for more information, including submission requirements.