- Help for Kids with Food Allergies – In today’s world, food allergies have become an epidemic. Meredith Deasley, R.H.N., shares tips to help prevent and manage your child’s food allergies.
- 10 Ways to Bond or Connect with Your Unborn Baby – Denise Chiriboga, R.H.N., shares ways that you and your partner can bond with your unborn baby to make baby feel safe, loved and cared for.
- A Healthy Diet After Pregnancy – A healthy diet after pregnancy supplies you with the energy needed to care for your newborn and recover quickly. Kelly Maslen, R.H.N., shares tips to help new moms eat healthy after the baby comes home.
- 5 Tips On Boosting Breastmilk Supply – For those that choose to breastfeed their baby, low milk production can create stress, frustration and sadness in women who aren’t able to produce as much as needed for their growing baby. Melissa Sorge, C.H.N.C., shares tips to help boost your milk supply.
- Baby and Toddler Feeding Milestones – How We Learn to Eat – Ana-Maria Janes, R.H.N., explains the main physical and oral motor milestones kids will go through when learning how to eat.
- 10 No-Fail Solutions for Picky Eaters – If you have a picky eater at home, you understand just how frustrating and worrying it can be. Jarka Crawford, R.H.N., has put together a list of tips to help you (or to pack even more nutrition into non-picky eaters’ daily diets).
- The Picky Eating Spectrum and Normal Developmental Leaps – How do you know what is normal pickiness due to developmental leaps, and what is beyond normal? Ana-Maria Janes, R.H.N., explains the Picky Eating Spectrum to help you identify temporary phases and when to seek professional help.
- Thinking Outside the Lunchbox: School Lunch Ideas – Preparation is the key to better, more varied lunches, and the good news is it’s not as hard as you think! This school year, try thinking ‘outside the lunchbox’ with these ideas from Wendy McCallum, R.H.N.
- Back to School Transition Tips for Parents – Jess Sherman, R.H.N., shares some tips for children and parents to help the transition back to school.
- Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness to Your Family’s Daily Routine – Help your family make the transition back to school by adding some mindfulness to your day, via Green Child Magazine.
Resource Websites & Apps:
- EcoParent Magazine – EcoParent is a quarterly magazine for families that want to make healthier, greener lifestyle choices. Fun and inspirational in tone – and never judgmental – EcoParent appeals to the already eco-savvy, but remains accessible to the newly eco-curious. Food, fashion, books, travel, health & beauty, home & garden, and so much more!
- À Table! – À Table! is a cookbook fundraiser in collaboration with the PK Subban Foundation, with 100% of proceeds benefiting the Montreal Children’s Hospital. This initiative began as a dream for Rebecca Fruchter-Klein, R.H.N.C., MBA, whose mission is to educate and inspire families to make healthier nutrition and lifestyle choices. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green Child Magazine – Hailed as “good for a green mama’s soul,” Green Child has grown into a resource valued by parents who care about bringing simplicity, compassion, social responsibility, and instinctual intelligence back to parenting.
- Hydrating Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles
Cool down and hydrate with these refreshing electrolyte-balancing popsicles from the CSNN Grads behind ‘Naughty Nutrition’, Jenni and Mirna.
- Nut-Free Energy Bites
CSNN graduate, Rebecca Fruchter-Klein, shares a recipe for homemade raw balls of wholesome ingredients that are an excellent alternative to processed snacks.
- Cherry Chocolate “Nice-Cream”
CSNN graduate Amy Longard shares her recipe for Cherry Chocolate ‘Nice’ Cream, a quick DIY dairy-free banana-based ice-cream.
- “The Resourceful Mother’s Secrets to Healthy Kids” – Meredith Deasley, R.H.N.
- “No More Junk Food!: 80+ Delicious Recipes to Replace Popular Processed Foods” – Wendy McCallum, R.H.N.
- “Nutrition Guide For New Moms” – Lisa Millar, R.H.N.
- “ADHD is Not a Four Letter Word: Drug Free Strategies for Managing the Gift that is ADHD” – Karen Ryan, R.H.N.
- “Raising Resilience: 36 Ways To Help Your Kids Relax, Learn and Grow” – Jessica Sherman, R.H.N. (Watch Jess Sherman’s TV interview on Daytime Ottawa where she discusses her book)
- “100 Healthiest Foods To Eat During Pregnancy” – Allison Tannis, R.H.N.
- “A Natural Foods Approach to Children’s Nutrition” – Shara Vickers, R.H.N.
- “Overweight Kids in a Toothpick World: How to solve the childhood obesity puzzle and get your kids in balance” – Brenda Wollenberg, R.H.N.
- “Did You Eat Your Vitamins Today” – Ena Sabih, R.H.N.
- “The Yummy Adventures of Celia and Cedric” series – Laara Exsnar, B.Ed., R.H.N. and Erin Kurt, B.Ed.
- “Love to be Me”, “I Am Magical Me”, and “The Hue in You” – Sarah Kraftchuk, R.H.N.
- “Everyday Superhero” and “Headstrong” – Stefania Moffatt, R.H.N.
Natural Nutrition Program :
The Lifecycle Nutrition Pediatric course presents information on how to help conceive and raise a healthy child in today’s world – a world in which our children’s health is declining at an alarming rate. It provides alternative health care recommendations (such as dietary, nutritional supplementation, and lifestyle changes) for the period from pre-conception to childhood. Learn more about CSNN’s Pediatric course at csnn.ca/program/courses.
September: Eating Organic
July: Celebrate Summer
Graduates interested in submitting item(s) to be featured on this page, please contact community[at]csnn[dot]ca for more information, including submission requirements.