- Kombucha, Kimchi and Other Fermented Foods – Debora Palmieri, R.H.N., shares the benefits of fermented foods, and why preliminary scientific research says that they may play a role in disease prevention and may even have a positive effect on mental health.
- Heart Healthy Foods – Michelle Waithe, R.H.N., explains why “incorporating a few delicious heart healthy foods and making some simple lifestyle changes can help you have a healthy, strong heart for life.”
- What’s the Healthiest Fall Food? – Move over, pumpkin! Allison Tannis, R.H.N., shares the inside scoop on what new research is saying is the best food to harvest this fall.
- What a Holistic Nutrition Professional Eats in a Day – Looking for some inspiration for healthy eating? Check out what Sisley Killam, R.H.N., eats in a day.
- 11 Foods that Help Lower LDL Cholesterol – Worried about your cholesterol level? Harvard Health shares which foods to add and avoid to help lower “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- 10 Best Low-sugar Fruits that Won’t Mess with your Blood Sugar – Looking for fruit that doesn’t affect your blood sugar? Health24 shares some low-sugar fruits to consider.
- Disease Prevention via Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health – According to stats from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), many “chronic diseases are preventable, as they’re linked to poor diet and lifestyle choices.”
- “Everyday Eats: Uncomplicated Recipes for Time-Starved Healthy Eaters” – Selina Rose Biscaro, R.H.N.
- “ABCs of Food: Boost Your Energy, Confidence and Success with the Power of Nutrition” – Patricia Conlin, R.H.N.
- “Hot Detox: A 21-Day Anti-Inflammatory Program to Heal Your Gut and Cleanse Your Body” – Julie Daniluk, R.H.N.
- “Meals That Heal Inflammation: Embrace Healthy Living and Eliminate Pain, One Meal at a Time” – Julie Daniluk, R.H.N.
- “The New Enlightened Eating – simple recipes for extraordinary living” – Caroline Marie Dupont, M.Sc., R.H.N.
- “No More Junk Food!: 80+ Delicious Recipes to Replace Popular Processed Foods” – Wendy McCallum, R.H.N.
- “Cook Your Way to Health. Gluten-free and Dairy-free” – Paulette Ann Millis, R.H.N
- “Eat, Think & Live Rich: A Guide to Health and Happiness” -Tova Payne, BSc, R.H.N.
- “Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles” – Allison Tannis, Bsc, MSc, R.H.N.
Digestive Health Facebook Live Replay
An interactive discussion with Holistic Nutrition Professional and CSNN Grad, Tracey Reed, led by Becka Crowe (Going Grainless), about a holistic approach to digestive health.
- Roasted Acorn Squash & Apple Soup
CSNN Grad, Amy Longard, shares a warming soup recipe; the combination of roasted vegetables, apples, coconut milk and spices, paired with the bitter and garlickly kale topper, gives this soup complex and rich flavour.
- Healthier Granola Bars
CSNN Grad, Jarka Crawford, shares a simple oat-based recipe with ‘hidden’ sources of calcium and zinc.
- How To Make Your Own Kombucha Scoby
Looking for information on how to make a ‘not-so-scary’ home scoby for kombucha? Check out this recipe on thekitchn.com, and follow the link to find a kombucha recipe as well.
December: Healthy Holidays
October: Women’s Health
Graduates interested in submitting item(s) to be featured on this page, please contact community[at]csnn[dot]ca for more information, including submission requirements.