- Homemade Beauty: The Best Foods to Put on Your Skin – ‘The Naughty Nutritionists’, Jenni Bourque, R.H.N., and Mirna Sharafeddine, R.H.N., share homemade beauty recipes and foods that are great for our skin sitting in our pantry, and hanging out in our refrigerators.
- 9 Chemical Free Cleaners You Can Make – Andrea Donsky, R.H.N., shares environmentally-friendly cleaners you can make yourself , for a squeaky clean house you feel comfortable exposing your family to.
- Maternal-Infant Research on Environmental Chemicals (The MIREC Research Platform) – “As awareness of the presence of environmental chemicals in humans is increasing, Canada as well as other countries, are studying pregnant women in order to better understand their exposure to these chemicals and potential health effects, if any, on maternal, infant and child health.” Via Health Canada.
- BPA still common in blood samples – “Seven years after Canada declared bisphenol A (or BPA), to be toxic to human health, a national survey of chemicals in Canadians’ bodies shows more than 90 per cent of Canadians have it in their blood and the exposure may actually be getting worse, not better.”
- Food and Climate Change – “What You Eat Has a Climate Impact!” The David Suzuki Foundation shares what you can do to help.
- Earth Day Canada – How are you celebrating Earth Day (April 22) this year? Visit the Earth Day website to see what is happening in your neighbourhood.
- Environmental Defence – Defending clean water, a safe climate, and healthy communities.
- Environmental Working Group ‘Skin Deep’ Cosmetics Database – Giving you practical solutions to protect yourself and your family from everyday exposures to chemicals.
EcoLogical Nutrition Podcast:
We know eating less packaged food is good for us but if food is in the grocery store, it must be good for us. Right? Explore the reality of processed food and the real cost of ‘cheap’ food. Leave with strategies to spend less time in the kitchen and eat for wellness.
Click on the play button to start the podcast, as part of CSNN Vancouver’s ‘Nature’s Medicine Series’:
Digestive Health Facebook Live Replay (March 28/18)
Quinoa Coconut Banana Cookies
Sarah Maughan, R.H.N., shares a delicious recipe that’s also vegan and gluten-free.
Sweet Potato, Arugula and Quinoa Salad
Sisley Killam, R.H.N., shares a fresh salad recipe that’s a great mix of fresh fruits and bitter vegetables, protein and healthy fats.
Natural Nutrition Program :
CSNN Graduates are conscientious and well-informed about the connections between the environment, toxins, food production and preparation, and the resulting quality of food. Learn more about our Eco-Nutrition course at csnn.ca/program/courses.
February: Cardiovascular Health
March: Digestive Health
May: Learn To Change Lives
Graduates interested in submitting item(s) to be featured on this page, please contact community[at]csnn[dot]ca for more information, including submission requirements.